Hey — It’s Bee.
We’ve talked a lot of shit about being one of the best in the industry to lower technical debt. Here’s where we put our money where our mouth is.
The Chief Revenue & Growth Strategist Job Description
The Chief Revenue & Growth Strategist (CRO) is Responsible for Predictable and Sustainable Revenue Growth for all clients that partner with us. This is arguably one of the most important jobs outside of the Chief Operating Officer.
The CRO oversees the financial aspects of DevOps infrastructure and software builds to support business processes for Chisel clients. The incumbent oversees the traditional responsibilities of clients’ sales and marketing, is a member of Chisel’s senior team overseeing go-to-market strategy and execution for all of our clients.
The CRO is responsible for aligning client resources,
defining differentiated go-to-market strategies and delivering on the Company’s
clients’ revenue performance goals.
• Success is measured by client revenue performance
• Responsible for supporting customer retention, customer growth and new
customer acquisition through a consultancy protocol.
• Coordinates and aligns with key stakeholders to supervise marketing, sales and customer success teams
• Ensures that DevOps processes are streamlined and products deliver an
effective end-to-end customer and buyer experience in the most cost-efficient
• All revenue comes customer retention, customer acquisition and customer
share of wallet. To maximize revenue performance, Key Performance
Indicators (KPIs) include metrics for:
1. Volumes. The % penetration in selected markets, segments and accounts
2. Velocity. The speed and efficiency of conversions through the marketing
and sales funnel
3. Value. The value of the end-to-end funnel generated from the quality of
inquiries and opportunities and the ability to maximize deal value.
4. Revenue. The ability to convert sales in the pipeline (close rates) at or
above the expected rate and deliver on revenue objectives.
Chief Revenue & Growth Strategist Role Description
CRO will report to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely with colleagues as a member of the senior management team. Responsible for overseeing all revenue operations for Chisel clients — defining and maintaining the company’s clients’ revenue strategy, revenue systems, and revenue programs.
Revenue Strategy Responsibilities
The CRO is responsible for working with clients to target buyers to engage and select the right markets based on competitive position. Ensures that offerings are competitive and positioned effectively and will identify optimal ways to access the market for each chosen market and customer segment.
The CRO is responsible for:
• Defining ideal buyers, selecting market segments and isolating audiences
to engage using data-driven insights
• Setting top-down goals and metrics based on both internal goals and
external market opportunities in selected markets
• Partnering with product teams to define differentiated offerings
• Continuously developing and refining offer value propositions and
• Articulating solutions and products’ value differentiators
• Defining go-to-market models across offers and segments to access
buyers, customers, and influencers
• Organizing revenue teams around buyer segments, accounts and
decision making units
• Managing a portfolio of programs to attract, engage and convert
Revenue Systems Responsibilities
The CRO will manage revenue operations including delivering brand
experiences and customer touchpoints based on buyer/customer
understanding and ensuring that teams are enabled with the right technology
stack, organizational structures and sales and marketing (revenue) processes
tailored for each customer segment.
• Establishing and maintaining brand touchpoints — including websites,
social channels and marketplace outposts — to engage buyers across
• Integrating revenue technology stack including marketing automation,
salesforce automation/ CRM, digital channels (e.g. web and social),
business intelligence, and customer data platform
• Implementing predictable, repeatable, and scalable sales and marketing
Revenue Programs Responsibilities
The CRO will work with key stakeholders to manage campaign design and execution for marketing and sales programs to optimize buyer engagement and the efficient and effective delivery of ‘good selling’ that maximize sales conversions. The CRO will work with product and delivery teams to ensure customer execution results in customer success to reduce churn, maximize customer retention, increase cross-sell and upsell.
• Working with key stakeholders to execute target marketing programs
using content and experiences to build, attract, engage and convert
leads, generating demand with target buyer segments, industry
participants and influencers using a mix of paid, earned and owned
media channels to drive predictable and sustainable lead flow and sales
• Ensuring customer success teams are executing effectively to maximize
retention, up-sell and cross-sell.
The Chief Revenue Officer is responsible for the Company’s clients Revenue Architecture
Should be prepared to lead and manage the company’s end-to-end revenue value chain which requires a leadership style that is numbers-driven, collaborative and also inspirational. The CRO brings a broader, strategic fullfunnel perspective, recognizing that the revenue performance requires execution of orchestrated experiences across end-to-end buyer journeys using digital and physical channels.